The Woman's Club of Albany
United in Service to Our Community Since 1910
The Woman's Club of Albany is one of the oldest not-for-profit community organizations in the Capital District. We donate to local organizations serving the needs of women and children,
volunteer for a wide range of projects and offer opportunities for new
social, professional and community connections.
The Woman's Club of Albany and individual WCA members contributed a total of $745 to a fund established to help victims of the July 17 fire in the 400-block of Madison Avenue.
Member donations were collected at two recent 2sday on the Porch gatherings. Many thanks to all who contributed.
The money was presented to the Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless, which will turn over all donations to the City of Albany for distribution to those left homeless by the blaze. Four buildings on the south side of Madison Avenue, below Lark, were destroyed.
"The WCA is pleased to assist its neighbors in need and to support a variety of agencies working in our community in this way," WCA President Mary Thackeray said.
Contributions still can be made in person at any SEFCU branch or on the Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless website. Write Madison Avenue Fire Fund in the check memo field.
(Please note that the Interfaith Partnership also is still seeking donations to help those affected by an earlier fire on North Manning Boulevard. Donations may be made at SEFCU or on the Interfaith Partnership website. Specify Manning Boulevard Fire Fund in the check memo.)